NO PERSON HUNGRY
WHAT? A coordinated campaign to #endlocalfoodpoverty. Working with our volunteers, we up-cycle food surplus to feed hot, nutritious meals to people living in food poverty in Gloucestershire.
By linking up with community groups, children’s centres, and schools, we feed good, nutritious meals to people at community events (which helps avoid any embarrassment for requiring free food). We work with our supporters including Creed Foodservice, Vegware, and Cotteswold Dairy who support the project by providing resources, as well as our corporate sponsors who help donate to the project.
Anyone living in food poverty in Gloucestershire. Young families, working parents, older people. It could happen to anybody at any time.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER?
There are still many people going to bed hungry, and people choosing between keeping warm OR feeding their families. We aspire to ensure that everyone can provide nutritious food for themselves and their families without having to worry. We will continue to work with local communities to ensure everyone in Gloucestershire has access to hot, nutritious food.
Just £3 provides a hot, nutritious meal with a piece of fresh fruit, often served with fresh milk.
TELL ME MORE:
Our ‘No Child Hungry’ campaign launched in 2013, and since then we have feed nearly 30,000 meals to people living in Gloucestershire. We’ve been working hard to tackle these shocking statistics:
- 3.5 million children live in poverty in the UK
- 63% of those have working parents
- Malnutrition in the UK grew by 19% in one year
- Infant mortality rates are 10% higher amongst the poorest under 3’s
- 16% of Gloucestershire’s children live in poverty
- £13bn is spent in the UK on diseases related to malnutrition
We believe that everyone should have an equal start. We know how important good nutrition is, particularly during early years.
We realise that it’s not just our children who are going hungry, but people of all ages.
The project is simple:
- A coordinated mission involving local charities supporting young people and families. Feeding good food to those young people and families who need it.
- It will involve local communities, businesses and the hospitality industry involved to help support the people living in our neighbourhoods who need it
- It will involve volunteers as meal crews, supporting The Wiggly Worm staff in going out and feeding good food to those who need it.
For further information contact HQ on 01242 237802 or email firstname.lastname@example.org